Monday, January 23, 2012

Stuffed Avocados

While on a missions trip to Guatemala last year, for lunch one day we had half of an avocado, stuffed with tuna salad.  Now, I generally HATE tuna salad, but for some reason it was so good!  I've even made it a few times since coming back to the states!

BUT a few months back, I saw an idea in a food network magazine that has stuck with me and today I finally had to try it!  It was awesome!  I thought I loved it with tuna.....WAY better with chicken!  :)
And, it's pretty healthy, especially if you were going to eat the chicken salad on bread...this is a much better (and tastier) option!

Ingredients:
3 avocados
2 chicken breasts, cooked (I popped mine in my crockpot with a little olive oil and my rotisserie  
    seasoning)
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used the kind made out of olive oil)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried mustard
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1-2 cups red grapes, halved
1/2 - 1 tsp dried dill
3 avocados

Directions:
1.  Cook chicken (if not already cooked) and pull apart.
2.  In large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients (except avocados).  Set aside.
3.  Cut each avocado in half, removing seed.  Place a scoop of chicken salad into each avocado half.

No comments:

Post a Comment