- 11⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 21⁄2 cups coarsely crushed corn flakes
- 1 cup freshly grated
- Parmesan cheese
- Buttermilk Gravy
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
- In a large shallow dish, whisk buttermilk, Dijon mustard, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts to marinade, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn flake crumbs and Parmesan. Remove chicken from marinade (discard used marinade) and coat each breast well in the corn flake mixture. Arrange on prepared baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, until cooked through and coating is golden.
- For the gravy, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in the flour until well blended. Gradually add the chicken broth, stirring constantly over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened to a gravy-like consistency. Remove from the heat and stir in the buttermilk and salt.
- To serve, slice cooked chicken breasts in half and pour gravy over the top.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s) 40 minute(s)