Cream of Tomato)
I finally got around to making the cream of spinach soup, like what we had in Mexico (it was paired with Cream of Tomato, in the same bowl, so that half the bowl was red and the other half was green)...and it's oh so good!
I got this recipe from food.com (#23581)...but changed it a bit, see my marks below
Cream of Spinach Soup
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup minced onions
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
4 1/2 cups milk (I used 3 1/2 cups and a cup of cream)
10 oz spinach (I used fresh, called for frozen)
1. In 3 qt pan, saute onion in olive oil until soft.
2. Stir in flour; add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3. Blend in milk/cream.
4. Cook on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in spinach, cook until hot.
6. Blend with immersion blender (or regular blender) until smooth.
7. Serve hot.