I would use chicken instead of tofu...but that's just me :)
- 1 (1 lb/454g) package wide rice stick noodles
- 4 tsp vegetable oil, divided in half
- 1 (12oz/350g) package extra firm tofu, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- 11⁄4 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 ⁄3 cup coarsely chopped dry roast peanuts, for topping Lime wedges, for serving
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium- high heat. Cook tofu for 5-7 minutes, until browned. Remove from pan.
- Whisk 2 eggs and 3 egg whites. In the skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp oil over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- For the sauce, in a medium bowl, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, water, fish sauce, limejuice and ginger. Add sauce and drained noodles to skillet with egg mixture in it. Cook for 2 minutes over medium- high heat. Stir in tofu, bean sprouts and parsley, cooking an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with peanuts and garnished with lime wedges.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)