Another Closet Cooking recipe:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup carrot, cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- * hot sauce to taste (I used 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce)
- 1 large yukon gold or other boiling potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and saute until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the onion, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and flour and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add the hot sauce and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in the cream and blue cheese and remove from heat when the cheese has melted.