- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 large yellow peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 large zucchini cut into 1/3-inch diagonal slices, total of 12
- 6 medium portobello mushrooms (approx. 3-inch diameter), peeled, gills gently scooped out with small spoon
- 6 rosemary sprigs (4 inches in length), leaves removed from the bottom half
- For the marinade, in a large bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Add red peppers, yellow peppers and zucchini slices, tossing well to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Add mushrooms, tossing gently and marinate another 15 minutes.
- Lightly coat grill with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Remove vegetables from marinade and keep marinade to brush on vegetables while grilling. Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred, about 8-10 minutes for the peppers and 7 minutes for the mushrooms and zucchini. Brush with marinade once or twice during cooking.
- Remove from grill. When you are almost ready to serve the stacks, place the mushrooms upside down on a flat surface. Next, layer with a slice of red pepper, zucchini, yellow pepper and another slice of zucchini. Poke the rosemary sprig through the middle of each stack with the leaves at the top.
Preparation time: 35 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)