I haven't made these myself yet, but Jodie Zorbaugh made them for our worship team and they were SO good! One of the best breakfast dishes I think I've ever had! I can't wait to make them! So thankful my kids will be able to eat them now!!!!
The original recipe came from here
12 slices of bacon
6 slices of bread
green onions, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Grease 6 paper muffin cups for a muffin pan with cooking spray. In a frying pan, cook bacon about 3-5 minutes, until partially cooked but not completely crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Cut out rounds of bread (I used a 3.5-inch round cookie cutter, but a drinking glass would be fine.)
2. Press the bread rounds into the greased muffin wells. Curl 2 pieces of bacon around the periphery of each piece of bread, positioning it between the bread and the muffin tin to help keep it in position. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese in the center of each piece of bread.
3. One at a time, crack an egg and drop it over a piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolks. Once all the bread pieces have been topped with eggs, sprinkle with green onions and bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking (about 6-10 minutes) and bacon is crispy.
4. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out. Serve immediately.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Want a quick and super tasty lunch or dinner idea for the kids? Give these a whirl! Our kids absolutely LOVE these sandwiches and they are so easy!
Ingredients (per sandwich):
2 slices sandwich bread
1 teaspoon butter
2 or 3 slices salami (thinly sliced)
small handful shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
1. Spread butter on one side of each of the two pieces of bread.
2. Assemble sandwich on hot griddle. Place one piece bread, butter side down, onto griddle. Add salami and cheese, and top with second slice of bread, butter side up. Cook until bottom bread is golden brown. Flip sandwich over and cook until bottom is golden brown again.
3. Heat pizza sauce in microwave until warm.
4. Serve sandwich with sauce to dip!
This was such a quick and simple recipe with lots of great flavor! Will definitely be another keeper!
This goes great with the Chipotle Lime Fish Tacos!
1 cup rice (I used jasmine rice)
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 ounces (1/2 small can) diced green chilies (use other half for these black beans!)
dash cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in rice cooker.
2. Cook according to rice cooker instructions.
3. Stir and let sit for a few minutes before eating to thicken up.
These are super quick and simple, and are packed with lots of tasty goodness! A perfect side dish to the Chipotle Lime Fish Tacos!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 (8 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup jarred chunky salsa
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1/2 small can diced green chilies (use other half for mexican rice!)
1. Heat oil in small pan. Add onions and garlic and saute for few minutes until onions are soft.
2. Add rest of ingredients and cook until heated through.
I've been saying "ew, gross!" about fish tacos for YEARS! Never willing to try them. But lately I've really, REALLY started loving spicy tilapia dishes. So, when I saw this recipe I knew I'd have to try it. I finally got around to doing it last night for our first night of summer dinner themes...Mexican Mondays. And it was a GIGANTIC success! Not only did I love them, but the kids did too! They each at THREE tacos! This will become a new regular part of our diet here!!!
Oh, and we did try with flour tortillas too. I figured we could have some corn and some flour so that we weren't having as many corn (with oil)...but TOTALLY worth the extra calories to do all corn tortillas! They were fantastic!
I made these tacos with these black beans and this mexican rice. Great sides for the fish tacos!
1 pound white fish such as tilapia, cod, etc. 2 tablespoons oil 1 lime, juice 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground salt and pepper to taste 12 (4 inch) corn tortillas
Optional toppings: sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheddar cheese, etc.
- Mix together chili powder and cumin in small bowl. Preheat grill until it is hot. Place foil on grill, and drizzle with olive oil (so fish does not stick to it!). Place fish filets on hot foil. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture onto filets. Grill the fish over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-6 minutes per side. When you flip the fish over, sprinkle with the rest of the seasoning mixture. The fish will be cooked when it flakes easily and it is no longer translucent.
- Heat about 1/2 cup canola oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Place one corn tortilla in skillet. Cook for approximately 10-12 seconds. Flip tortilla over and immediately fold in half. Cook for another 10-12 seconds, flip, and cook another 10-12 seconds. You want them firm but not hard. Remove from skillet, allowing extra oil to drip off. Lay out upside down on paper towels, spreading open a little (so easier to fill later). Sprinkle with dash of salt. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Flake the fish and serve in tortillas garnished with your favorite toppings.