- 1 lb fusilli pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, stemmed and cut into 1⁄2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 11⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup freshly grated
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely sliced fresh basil leaves
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Stir in pasta and cook until tender. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; drain pasta well.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until spinach just begins to wilt, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese, half and half and the reserved pasta water. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta and parmesan cheese, stirring until well blended. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.