- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves Balsamic Sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 large green peppers, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Put egg whites in a separate bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a third dish. Dust chicken with flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg whites and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Sauté the chicken for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- For the sauce, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add red and green peppers and sauté for 8 minutes. Add raisins and stir for 1 minute. Add the balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, mixing 1-2 minutes, coating the peppers.
- To serve, slice chicken and top with balsamic sauce and toasted almonds.
Preparation time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6