- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground
- black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 lemon slices
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, white wine and chicken breasts in a large glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and lightly coat in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add half the chicken breasts and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer browned chicken to the prepared baking dish and repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and chicken, adding to baking dish in a single layer.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over chicken breasts. Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top each breast with a lemon slice and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Preparation time: 4 hour(s) 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6