Friday, November 27, 2009

Sweet Potato Streusel

OK, I hate...no, HATE sweet potatoes...until now :-)
My husband's cousin's wife made this for Thanksgiving this year and I don't know what made me try it, but I'm glad I did! It was outstanding!
The recipe was from Kraft Foods.

Ingredients:
2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted, divided
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp. salt
10 NABISCO Ginger Snaps, finely crushed
1/2 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans, toasted
3 Tbsp. brown sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix potatoes, half of the melted butter, the orange juice and salt until well blended. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole dish.

2. Mix remaining melted butter, the cookie crumbs, pecans and sugar until well blended; sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.

3. Bake 30 min. or until potato mixture is heated through and topping is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment