Monday, November 23, 2009
This is my first attempt at home made Indian...and it was AWESOME!
Will try and add a few dried chili peppers next time for some heat, but really good!
Found it here. I made a few changes (they are already in my recipe)...
Note: This dish has become one of my family's all-time favorite meals! The kids all love it!
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
500 g diced lean chicken
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
200 ml chicken stock
200 ml coconut milk
100 ml natural yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oil in large wok or fry pan.
2. Fry onion until soft, add the garlic and the chicken until the chicken changes color.
3. Sprinkle the curry and flour over the chicken.
4. Toss the chicken so that it is completely covered.
5. Add the cinnamon and cook for 1 minute.
6. Gradually add the stock and coconut milk, stirring well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Simmer gently for 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
8. Remove pan from heat, stir in the yogurt and coriander and serve immediately.
9. Serve with saffron rice.