Monday, November 23, 2009
Strawberries and Cream Bread
Found this one here...and it was really tasty!
1/2 cup soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add sour cream and vanilla.
3. Mix well.
4. Combine dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
5. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 c nuts.
6. Pour into greased 8x4x2 loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 65 to 70- minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
8. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.