Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Harvest Pumpkin Apple Bread
This is SO Yummy! I am totally enjoying it! Now I gotta figure out if I can make this egg-free!
I got it from here.
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (such as Libby's)
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup apple juice (or water)
1 large baking apple, peeled,cored and diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
3. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
4. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and apple juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended.
5. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
6. Fold in apples.
7. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
8. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
10. To make using three 8 X 4-inch loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
11. To make using five or six 5 X 3-inch mini-loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.