- 1 (18-ounce) center-cut salmon fillet, about 9 by 4 inches, skinned
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or chives
For the Fish Sticks:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Rinse the salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the fish in half to make 2 fillets each about 4 by 4 1/2-inches in size. Starting on the longest edge, slice the fillets into 1/2-inch pieces. Lay the widest pieces, from the center, cut side down, and slice in half lengthways so all the pieces are equally about 1/2 by 1/2 by 4 1/2-inches in size.
Place the flour in a medium bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Place the egg whites in another bowl and beat until frothy, about 30 seconds. Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a third bowl.
Coat the salmon pieces in the seasoned flour and pat to remove any excess flour. Dip the floured salmon in the egg whites and then into the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the mixture into the fish. Place the breaded salmon pieces on a liberally oiled baking sheet. Drizzlelightly with the olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.