- 3 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 strips center cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and wrung out in a kitchen towel
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring up to a boil, salt water and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
To a small skillet over medium heat add a little extra-virgin olive oil and bacon and brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes more.