Gonna try this very soon too! It's make your own instant oatmeal packets!
Taste of Home
I got this recipe from the Taste of Home Quick Cooking magazine.
* 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Additional Ingredients (for each additional batch)
* 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
* 1/3 to 1/2 cup boiling water
* Brown sugar, optional
In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. YIELD: 9 batches (about 1 cup total).
To prepare oatmeal: In a bowl, combine oats and 2 tablespoons oatmeal spice mix. Add enough boiling water until oatmeal is desired consistency. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Yield: 1 serving