Friday, September 11, 2009

SUPER Simple Eggless donuts


I bought a 4-pack of small refrigerator biscuits from Pillsbury the other day and was so excited to try a recipe for donuts using them! Julie can't have eggs so I'm always looking for ways we can eat the things we love without eggs in them! Of course Julie's last eczema outbreak was b/c I stupidly gave her a donut without thinking that it had eggs in it! :-(
Anyway, these were super simple, the kids were able to make them (they are ages 5 and 2) and they had a blast! AND, you can control/monitor the amount of sugar in them!
The best part about these donuts is that they weren't REAL sweet like most donuts are...but they were definitely sweet enough and they felt like a real treat!

Ingredients:
1 small can of Pillsbury 10 biscuits (homestyle I think they are called...not buttermilk)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup cinnamon and sugar (I made my own mix)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Flatten out each biscuit a bit (I just pressed it between my palms a little).
3. Using a small circle cookie cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each donut.
4. Dip one side of each donut (and donut hole) into the melted butter, then into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
5. Place donuts sugar side up on a large stone or baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until they appear fully cooked but not yet brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment