Friday, September 11, 2009

Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes


Another great recipe from Taste of Home!!!
I didn't feel like peeling and dicing potatoes, so I just thawed out a bag of frozen hash browns! I'll have to remember that tip!!!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half and half
1 Tbsp fresh minced rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and potatoes.
2. Transfer to a greased 9x13 pan (I used a non-greased stoneware baker!). Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.

*NOTE: Since I thawed my potatoes in the microwave they were already a bit warm, and I wanted them cooked faster, so I left them uncovered and cooked for about 20-30 minutes at about 400 degrees. I added the cheese during the last 5-10 minutes or so so it didn't burn. It worked perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment