I know we'll be making this one soon...it's one of Chris' favorites!
I'm gonna try this one with no eggs, so we'll see if it turns out as good...maybe I can make Julie's and then add the egg and make the rest??
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 cup milk
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
8-10 hot dogs (we use chicken hot dogs)
vegetable oil for frying
1. Preheat fryer to 375 degrees, or heat oil over medium high heat until hot.
2. Dry hot dogs with paper towels and put on stick, set aside. (I don't put them on sticks, I just turn them with a fork).
3. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
4. Combine milk and egg yolk into dry ingredients, mix until smooth.
5. Dip hot dogs into batter, then place in hot oil, turning it after about a minute to cook evenly.
6. Cook for just a few minutes until golden brown on all sides.