Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stir Fry on the Grill!



We LOVE shish-kabobs, but I hate the darn sticks! :-)
So, I bought myself a whopping $7 grill basket from Bed Bath and Beyond and decided to make my shish kabobs into a stir fry for the grill instead!
It turned out great!

Ingredients:
Meat
Veggies
Seasonings
Olive Oil

I know, that sounds dumb, but you can really use any combination of the above and make it according to your own family's likes. For us, I used chicken breasts, cheap steak, shrimp, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and OF COURSE pineapple! Nothing better than pineapple cooked on the grill with all the veggies! It's a little touch of sweetness in an otherwise savory meal...awesome!

For our seasonings, I used Weber's Veggie Seasoning, Weber's Smokey Mesquite, Garlic Powder and Garlic Salt. A little Crushed Red Pepper would be awesome too, but my 5 year old doesn't like spicy AT ALL :-( Bummer!

Directions:
1. Cut up all the meat and veggies/pineapple into bite sized pieces and place in grill basket.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on some seasonings (again, as little or as much as you like) and mix around.
3. Place grill basket on grill, over high heat, and cook until meat is cooked through and veggies are tender. Mix with large, long handled metal spoon occasionally.

This is what it looked like before it was cooked, all in the grill basket! Totally worth the $7!

No comments:

Post a Comment