Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Easy Baked Potato Soup
This is a pampered chef recipe that is super easy and awesome!
I need to get a better picture of this one...but here goes anyway:
8 large potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp garlic, minced
salt and pepper
4-8 cups water
up to 8 tsp chicken bouillon
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
about 1/4 diced onion (my own addition - really enhances the flavor!)
about 1/4 cup sour cream
pre-cooked bacon pieces
cheddar cheese, grated
green onions, sliced
1. Peel and dice potatoes. Place in large pot, cover with water, and boil for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
2. Place potatoes back into large pot. Add milk, garlic, salt and pepper, and mix with hand mixer until smooth mashed potatoes.
3. Place pot back on stove over high heat, adding 4 cups water. Whisk together until smooth. Add remaining water until it's soup like consistency (sometimes I use all 8 cups, other times I use much less, so watch and pour/whisk about a half cup at a time). Add 1 tsp chicken bouillon for each cup of water used.
4. Add carrots, onions, and celery and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are soft.
5. Remove from heat and add sour cream. Mix until well blended.
6. Pour into serving bowls. Sprinkle cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions on top.