Wednesday, July 29, 2009

AWESOME Grilled Veggies


My step-father-in-law created this little recipe, or at least the idea.
We make these a lot in the summertime and they are so good! It's perfect with some grilled bbq chicken!

Ingredients:
4-6 potatoes
1 large onion, sliced into wedges
1 green pepper, sliced
1 cup green beans
olive oil
pepper
garlic powder
garlic salt
mesquite seasoning
***Time saver!!! - I use the Reynold's foil bags!!!! They make clean up and set up SUPER easy!

Directions:
1. You can omit this step, but if you have a rice cooker or a microwave cooker, it will reduce the grilling time by A LOT! This was an awesome tip I found somewhere! I peel and slice all of my potatoes and place them in my microwave rice cooker with a little water and cook them for about 5-10 minutes (I check them at about 5 minutes and add time accordingly) until they are just tender.
2. In the foil bag, dump the potatoes, onions, green peppers, and green beans. Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil on top. Sprinkle with seasonings. Fold up the top to lock in all the moisture while cooking.
3. Grill over high heat for about 15 minutes until everything is tender, turning over once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment