Wednesday, July 29, 2009

PB&J Waffles - egg free!



The kids wanted peanut butter and jelly for breakfast and I felt like making waffles...not sure why...so I decided to try to make peanut butter waffles and put jelly on top! The kids LOVED them! Since the little ones still don't eat peanuts (they are allergic to eggs so we don't push the peanuts!) I used soy butter, which is similar. I notice a difference since I grew up on peanut butter, but the kids don't seem to notice or care!!!!

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp canola oil
1 large spoonful peanut butter
jam/jelly

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing until well combined and smooth.
2. Cook in waffle iron until ready.
3. Top each waffle with jam/jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment