Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Quick Apple Turnovers
These are super simple and very yummy! The kids loved them just as much as the chocolate croissants I posted earlier!
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup apple pie filling
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven according to directions on crescent roll package.
2. Unroll all 8 crescent rolls, and top 4 of them with little bit of apple pie filling. You can't put too much in or else they leak out. You can put about 3-5 pieces of apple in each one.
3. Place each of the other 4 rolls over top of the apple ones, and press the sides so the seams are sealed. A little will ooze out, but that's ok!
4. Bake according to directions on package, about 12-20 minutes, until golden brown.
5. In medium size bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Add more sugar if necessary to make a nice icing consistency.
6. Drizzle icing over cooked turnovers.