Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pampered Chef Bountiful Brunch Pizza

When we don't have to eat breakfast the second we wake up (the kids very rarely are willing to wait!) I love to make this pizza! It's delicious!!!
Anyway, I used to cut up the onions, ham, and shred the cheese the night before, but now I always have diced onions and shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, and mozzarella) in the freezer, ready at a moments notice!
I also usually thaw the hash browns in the microwave, but that takes a long time, so it would probably be better to just stick them in the fridge the night before!
I modified this recipe a bit by adding the 2 eggs, and the 2-3 oz cheese to the crust (I think is also used to call for green peppers, but I didn't like them, so I don't use them!). I have found it just helps the potatoes stick together! And of course, it's super yummy! How can you go wrong with extra cheese?!
Of course too, this would be great with different meat/veggie toppings! Experiment with what your family likes!
On another note, Pampered Chef suggests baking this on a large round stone, but I have found it MUCH easier to bake in my large rectangle stoneware baker (with 1 inch sides!)...it allows me to just push the potatoes to the side and not have to worry about anything falling off! It's a lot of food to try and keep centered on a large round stone! :-)

Ingredients:
1 pkg frozen hash browns, thawed
12 eggs, beaten (2 for crust and 10 for topping)
14-15 oz cheddar cheese (2-3 for crust, and 12 for topping)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped deli ham
1/4 cup chopped onion

Directions:
1. Combine potatoes, 2 eggs, and 2-3 oz cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Spread in/on large baking stone. Pat down; bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until potatoes start turning a golden brown.
2. Whisk eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Make into scrambled eggs, by cooking in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring continuously until fully cooked through.
3. Spread cooked eggs evenly over potato crust. Top with cheese, onions, and ham. Return to the oven to bake for 10 minutes more, until cheese is fully melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment