Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Peanut Butter and Jelly Surprise Muffins
I decided to try something new today and let me just say this was definitely one of my few successful "make-up as I go" recipes!
The muffins were delightful and the filling was pretty good too!
(Another Create-a-Muffin spin-off!)
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1/2-1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
12 tsp strawberry preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
3. Add milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
4. Put peanut butter in small microwavable bowl, and cook on high in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until just soft. Blend into batter.
5. Fill GREASED muffin tins about 1/3 full of muffin batter.
6. Place about 1/2 to 1 tsp strawberry preserves on top of each cup of batter.
7. Place another small scoop of muffin batter on top.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.