Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Freezing a Quiche

I was so excited to read that you can actually freeze homemade quiche! Now I make about 8 at a time (the first time I did this I made 8 quiche - 4 spinach and 4 jalapeno, and including making the pie dough, and all the insides, and assembling them, AND cleaning up the kitchen, it only took about 2 hours, plus the extra hour in the oven, but I wasn't doing anything then!)

To freeze quiche BEFORE baking:
Tray-freeze until firm; then wrap with aluminum foil, or slide it into a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze up to one month. Do not thaw before baking. Unwrap and bake as usual, allowing 10 to 20 minutes additional time.

To freeze quiche AFTER baking:
Tray-freeze; then wrap with aluminum foil, or slide it into a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze up to two months. Do not thaw before reheating. Unwrap and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment