This is a great recipe, although, it's not QUITE what I want it to be. We got if off the internet years ago, so I don't have any kind of reference to where it came from :(
1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1/8 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1 egg white
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp butter (per pretzel)
Optional toppings: Parmesan cheese, Cinnamon and sugar, etc.
1. Mix yeast, brown sugar, salt, and water (1 1/2 cups). Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour. Let rise for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 550 degrees. Roll out pretzels.
4. Combine egg white and water in small bowl, and whisk until combined.
5. Dip pretzel in egg wash. Add salt to pretzel.
6. Bake for 8 minutes.
7. Melt butter and pour over pretzels.