This recipe is in our Top Secret Cookbook...and not only is it super simple, but it's the BEST cornbread ever! We LOVE it!
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup shortening, melted
3/4 cups cornmeal
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Add the milk, shortening, and egg and mix ontil until all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Pour the batter into a greased 8x8 inch pan (NOTE: we use an ungreased Pampered Chef stoneware mini-baker)
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let the cornbread cool slightly before slicing it with a sharp knife.