Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eggless Banana Banana Bread

I forget where I got this recipe, but it's another AWESOME one! I substitute the applesauce for egg, but you could use 1 egg instead of the applesauce.
It turns out fabulous without the egg though, so good for the allergies, and also less fat! :-) Everyone's a winner!
It's AMAZING to me how much flavor this bread has, considering there is NO spice in this bread, not even cinnamon! But it totally doesn't need any! It's perfect!

I used to throw away so many bananas in our house before I had this recipe! Now I just take them and toss them in the freezer (still in the peel, and I don't even put them in a bag or anything!) and every few weeks-few months I whip up some of this bread with them! Just thaw them on the counter for about 15 minutes!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened/melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
5-6 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce (or use 3 Tbsp applesauce and 1 egg)
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for about 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment