Monday, June 28, 2010
In the summer, sometimes the best dinners are the simple fresh off the grill meals!
This is one of our favorites!
And, let me warn you...DO NOT avoid the pineapple, thinking that would ruin the dish! The grilled pineapple is EVERYONE's favorite part of this meal! It's AWESOME!!!!!
1 chicken breast, cut into large chunks
1/2 lb turkey kielbasa
1 large yellow squash, sliced
1 large green zucchini, sliced
1 large onion, cut into large chunks
8 oz button mushrooms
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into large chunks
1 bell pepper, any color
1. After slicing all the meat and veggies, start putting them onto skewers, mixing as you go.
2. Heat grill on high for several minutes to get it nice and hot!
3. Cook on medium or high for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Remove from skewers and serve!
1. Try marinating the chicken in Italian Dressing. SO Yummy!
2. Sometimes I sprinkle with mesquite seasoning and some garlic powder.
3. Could do barbecue on the chicken.
4. Serve with saffron rice.
Really, the sky is the limit!