Here's the other turnip recipe that Chris actually made for us last week...he modified it for Derek, but the original recipe came from recipezaar (Pan Fried Turnips and Potatoes).
They were very good, but you couldn't really taste the turnip much at all. You could tell there was something different about the potatoes, but you didn't really know what. They were very tasty though!
We didn't take a picture...so imagine fried potatoes :) That's all it looked like LOL!
Pan Fried Turnips and Potatoes
1 1/2 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 lbs turnips, peeled and cubed
5 tbsp olive oil
1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cook cubed potatoes and turnips in boiling, salted water until fork tender; drain well.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
3. To the skillet, add cooked drained potato and turnip cubes.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Continue to cook and stir until potatoes and turnips are lightly browned, adjusting heat as necessary.
6. When browned, sprinkle with parsley and serve.