This is one of Chris' favorites that I make! Super easy and yummy! SO much better than any you can buy and heat up, and they take no time at all!
I'm gonna make these for lunch today, but will try to make them WEMP free...if they are awesome I'll post the recipe later!
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 cup milk
2 egg yolks (slightly beaten)
8-10 hot dogs
vegetable oil (for frying)
1. Preheat fryer to 375 degrees (we just heat up oil in a skillet on the stove)
2. Dry hot dogs with paper towels, set aside.
3. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda in mixing bowl.
4. Combine milk and egg youlk with dry ingredients; mix until smooth.
5. Dip hot dogs into patter and drop into hot oil, spinning it frequently so that it cooks evenly.
6. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until brown.