Monday, March 9, 2009

My Loaded Mashed Potatoes


I just threw these together tonight. I've been thinking about doing it for a long time, but I like plain mashed potatoes so much that I never feel like changing them. But they were pretty awesome! (the measurements are estimates!)

My Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:
10 Russet baking potatoes
1 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp Fleishman's Olive Oil Margarine
2 Tbsp sour cream
1/2-3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 Tbsp precooked bacon pieces
1 tsp dried chives

Directions:
1. Peel and dice potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Place in large pot and cover with warm water. Bring to boil over high heat and continue boiling for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
2. Drain water from pot and place potatoes into Kitchen Aid Mixer bowl (or use a hand mixer right in the pot if it's a regular metal pot...not a non-stick one!)
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with mixer until potatoes are fully mashed and ingredients are well blended.

1 comment: