Thursday, March 5, 2009
Chocolate Chip Muffins (no eggs/regular milk)
I adapted this from a recipe on Recipezaar that got excellent reviews! They are pretty awesome!
This recipe makes 24 regular sized muffins.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup light-brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup vanilla soy milk (or use 2/3 cup milk plus 1 tsp vanilla)
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled (1 1/2 sticks)
9 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce (or 2 eggs, lightly beaten)
1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease twelve muffin cups.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
4. In another bowl, stir together soy milk(or regular milk and vanilla), applesauce (OR eggs), and butter until blended.
5. Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
6. Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
8. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
9. Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
10. Remove muffin tin to wire rack.
11. Cool for 5 minutes.
12. Remove from tins to finish cooling.
13. Serve warm or completely cool.
14. These muffins freeze well.