Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Chicken and Broccoli Braid
This is an old Pampered Chef recipe. It's not our favorite thing, but we enjoy it from time to time.
**2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
4 oz (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp dried dill weed
1/4 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 egg white, lightly beaten (did not do this step b/c of allergies)
1/4 cup slivered almonds (did not do this step b/c of allergies)
2 (8 oz) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, cheese, bell pepper, mayonnaise, dill, salt, and garlic; mix well.
2. Unroll 2 packages crescent rolls; do not separate. Arrange dough on Rectangle Stone with longest sides of rectangles across width of baking stone. Roll dough to seal seams.
3. Starting on longest sides of baking stone, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. Scoop chicken mixture evenly over center of dough.
4. Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across top of filling. Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid.
5. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with almonds (if desired).
6. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.