Saturday, February 13, 2010
Honey Glazed Chicken
I was hoping this was going to be like PF Chang's Honey Chicken...it wasn't really. :-( BUT, it was very tasty!
I want to try again with more honey and less other flavors and see if it comes closer. Still worth making! :-)
Got it from My Kitchen Cafe.
2 lbs of diced uncooked chicken breast
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
4 TB butter
1/4 cup honey
3 TB lemon juice
2 TB soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1. Heat oven to 350. In a shallow dish combine the flower and seasonings. Dip each piece of chicken in flour mixture and coat evenly.
2. Melt 2 TB butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to accommodate chicken in a single layer. Arrange chicken in pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter and add honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger.
4. After chicken has baked the 30 minutes, turn each piece over and pour sauce mixture evenly over chicken. Increase heat to 375 and bake another 20 to 25 minutes basting frequently. Make sure you stir all the sauce as you baste so it doesn't burn around the sides/corners!
5. Serve over rice. I usually double the sauce ingredients to make more to serve over the rice.