Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats

OK, so I haven't even gotten to officially even eat one, but just going by the tasting, I'm already going to say these are hands down, the BEST rice crispy treats I've ever had! They are AMAZING!!!!!!

And, because of the lack of marshmallows, they were a lot less messy to make!

I went ahead and put in a 9x13 pan, so they are super thick...

If you've got a craving for chocolate and peanut butter, RUN to the kitchen and fix these! You won't be disappointed!

I modified this recipe from My Kitchen Cafe...

UPDATE: So I just ate one...and my predictions were right on! We all LOVED it! Definitely the best tasting rice crispy treats I've ever had!!!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
8-10 cups rice crispy treats
6 oz chocolate chips
6 oz peanut butter chips

Directions:
1. In large stock pot, melt butter. Add corn syrup and sugar and heat just until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until well blended. Add rice crispies. Press mixture into well greased 9x13 pan.
2. In large microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Heat for 30 second intervals, stirring between each cycle. Spread over rice crispy mixture. Let chocolate set.

No comments:

Post a Comment