Sunday, March 27, 2011
Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
These are very similar to the ones you get at Red Lobster...only these are WAY better! We made these twice last week! I could literally make and eat them every single day, they are THAT good! And very quick to prepare!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
6 tablespoons butter, cold, divided
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Cut in shortening and 3 Tablespoons butter. Continue cutting in with pastry blender until crumbs are pea-sized. Stir in grated cheese.
3. Stir in buttermilk until dough is just moist.
4. Place spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
5. In small bowl, melt 3 Tablespoons butter in microwave. Stir in dried parsley flakes, garlic powder and salt.
6. When biscuits come out of the oven, brush each with melted butter mixture.