This is so AMAZING! Thanks to my friend Annette for passing the recipe on to me! She baked it for us yesterday and it was FABULOUS!
I actually made it WEMP-Free today, so if you are looking for that recipe, it's here!
But, here's the regular wheat, egg, milk infused version! :)
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup plus 3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
4 Tbsp molasses
1 cup fresh blueberries, washed, stemmed, and dried
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt; set aside.
3. Dissolve baking soda into buttermilk.
4. Cream butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in egg.
6. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, always beginning and ending with flour mixture.
7. Stir in molasses.
8. Gently fold in blueberries.
9. Spoon batter into well greased 9x9x2 baking pan.
10. Sprinkle remaining sugar on top.
11. Bake 50 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached)