This is so close to what we get when we order out!!!!!!! SO excited!
Drunken Noodle is by far our favorite meal we order out....so I'm so glad to have finally gotten it so close! :)
4 Tablespoons black soy sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons sweet soy sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoon oyster sauce
2 Tablespoons fish sauce
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound beef, pork or chicken, thin sliced against the grain OR 1 pound shrimp, peeled and
1 medium white onion, sliced
4 cups fresh rice noodles, separated
2 Kaffir Lime leaves, optional
1 cup Thai basil leaves, loosely packed
1/2 tsp white pepper
3 thai chilis chopped finely
1. Combine black soy, sweet soy, oyster sauce, and fish sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat oil to medium high in a medium sauté pan and sauté garlic until light brown.
3. Add eggs and lightly scramble until set.
4. Add meat and onions folding constantly until the meat is half cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add fresh rice noodles, sauce, kaffir lime leaves, basil and thai chilis; toss to combine for about 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure the noodles are cooked until the edges are slightly crisp.
6. Sprinkle white pepper to combine well and adjust seasonings as necessary.