Friday, August 13, 2010
Pan Seared Scallops & Pasta
This was my birthday lunch today! :) It's become not only my most favorite dish, but also the dish that I crave most often...YUM!!!!
I got the original recipe from recipezaar, but used someone's suggestion that was posted for the sauce & pasta!
1 lb large scallops
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup lemon juice
1-2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup half and half
2 clove garlic, minced
angel hair pasta
1. Cook pasta, according to package.
2. Dip scallops in lemon juice, then roll them in breadcrumbs.
3. Put olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet; stir and heat until hot.
4. Add scallops, turning once, until browned on both sides (3-4 minutes); remove scallops from pan.
5. Sprinkle scallops with parmesan cheese.
6. In pan used to cook scallops, add 1-2 Tbsp butter, white wine, pepper, half and half, and garlic. Heat until boiling and continue boiling for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Serve scallops over pasta, pour sauce on top.