Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spicy Cheese and Bacon Dip

I was craving cheese last night (what's new?!) and decided to try to whip up my own dip. I had a vision of cheese, bacon, and jalapeno peppers...and figured, how can I go wrong?!
It turned out better than I had even hoped! Chris likes cheesy dips, but not nearly as much as I do...but even he thought it was the best one we've had lately (we've had several in the last few months at different social events)!
Of course I forgot to take a picture, but now that I know how good it is, I'll be sure to make again and get a photo!

Spicy Cheese and Bacon Dip

Ingredients:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
1-2 Tbsp pre-cooked bacon bits (bought pre-cooked and diced up)
1 small handful shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
2 small handfuls shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

1. In small bar pan (small Pampered Chef stone), spread cream cheese out to cover pan.
2. Sprinkle bacon and jalapeno pepper over cream cheese (use as much or as little pepper as you desire!).
3. Mix together monterey jack and cheddar cheeses. Sprinkle on top of bacon and peppers. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over top.
4. Turn broiler on high and cook for about 8 minutes or until hot and bubbly on top. Cheese will start turning brown as it crisps up, and that's great...just don't let it get too dark!
5. Serve with tomato or vegetable flavored crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment