Monday, February 16, 2009

Chipotle Remoulade Sauce

OH MY GOSH! We had this with crab cakes last night and it was out of this world good! I'll never have a plain crab cake again! :-)

Chipotle Remoulade
(from Recipezaar.com, recipe #46786)

Ingredients:
7 oz can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (We love very spicy food, and this was way too much for us! I used half a can and it was still a little hot for me)
2 tsp lime juice
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (I used about 1/2 tsp dried cilantro)
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. In a blender (or food processor), puree chipotle and lime juice until smooth.
2. Whisk chipotle mixture into mayonnaise 1/3 at a time (I just did it all at once).
3. Stir in cilantro, salt, and pepper (I added just a pinch of salt and didn't add any extra pepper!)

No comments:

Post a Comment