This is my own creation...trying to stick with the Fat Flush Diet for two weeks, as best as I can...and now after this soup I think I might be able to do it! LOL! :)
You are supposed to eat apple cider vinegar, flaxseed oil and ground flaxseeds...the seeds are barely tolerable in a drink...and I mean BARELY! And the oil is just gross! BUT, to my bowl, I added the 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar that I am supposed to have daily, and it made it really tangy and awesome! I added about 1 Tbsp of flax seed oil and about 1 teaspoon of flaxseeds, and you couldn't even tell! :)
It's really good!
3 pieces chicken with bone - I did two breasts and one thigh
sprinkle of garlic salt
12 cups or so of water
2-3 cups lowest sodium/sugar tomato juice you can find
1 large can petite diced tomatoes
1 large can NO sodium diced tomatoes
5 cloves garlic
1 small onion, diced
1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil with omega 3 added
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 large squash, diced
2 large bell peppers, any color
4 small carrots
1 bag baby spinach
salt, to taste
1. In large soup pot, bring water and chicken to a rapid boil. Add sprinkle of garlic salt. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook for about 30 minutes.
2. In skillet, heat olive oil. Add garlic, onions, and jalapeno. Cook until slightly browned. Add cayenne.
3. Add garlic mixture to soup pot. Add carrots. Cook for about 15 more minutes.
4. Remove chicken (if cooked completely). Pull chicken meat apart, removing any and all bones and skin. Add meat back to pot.
5. Add squash and peppers to pot and cook for about 10 more minutes. Add spinach and cook until it welts.
6. Add a tiny bit of salt to taste in each serving bowl.