Thursday, October 29, 2009
Johnny Carino's Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia
AWESOME!!!! Of course you can only eat this about once every 10 years because of the fat and calorie content! :-) But it's a GREAT date night dinner!
I didn't have tomatoes, so I omitted that part.
2 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
1/2 cup white flour
2 ounces melted margarine
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 cup diced jalapeno
1 cup chopped de-stemmed spinach
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1 pinch garlic salt
4 ounces heavy cream
1/4 cup lemon butter
5 ounces angel hair pasta
1 teaspoon fresh parsley
1/8 cup diced roma tomato
1. Dredge the tilapia filets in the flour, and add them with the melted margarine and garlic to a medium temperature sauté pan.
2. Once the tilapia has finished cooking on one side, flip them over and add the jalapenos, spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
3. Prepare the angel hair in boiling water, and allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes depending on the temperature of the water.
4. As the filets begin to flake, add the heavy cream, and bring it to a slight boil.
5. Once the cream begins to boil, remove the pan from the fire and reduce the lemon butter into the sauce.
6. Place the pasta in a bowl, and pour the fish with the sauce over the pasta.
7. Garnish with fresh roma tomatoes and parsley.