Thursday, October 15, 2009

Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup

I was in the middle of making dinner tonight when I found out that the store brand cream of chicken soup I had bought, had EGG in it!?
So, I found this and whipped it up quickly to finish making dinner! It's not the same as you get in a can, but for a mix in a casserole, I think it'll do!

Yield:

3 cups (about 2 cans)
Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups chicken broth*
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon onion powder**
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder***
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (or less; taste to test)
1/4 teaspoon parsley
dash of paprika
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup flour
Instructions:

1. In medium-sized saucepan, boil chicken broth, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the seasonings for a minute or two (longer if using fresh onions or garlic).

2. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk and flour. Add to boiling mixture and continue whisking briskly until mixture boils and thickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment