Wednesday, September 14, 2011

15 Minute Pepperoni Rolls


My husband is from West Virginia, where "pepperoni rolls" are actually one of the major food groups! I am from Maryland, just an hour away from where he grew up and I had never ever heard of them!

But, he got me addicted! :) There is just something so good about pepperoni wrapped in bread and baked into a yummy surprise treat!

But I never have time to make these...it involves making bread dough...and that is one thing that I WILL do, but I hate it, so I try to avoid when possible! :)

Enter Pillsbury Crescent Rolls...ready to bake, in the refrigerator section of the grocery store! I had never thought to use these until I saw it on the internet! And so, I of course grabbed a tube of dough today and made these for lunch, and served them with a side of pizza sauce...what a HUGE hit! The kids loved them! And begged to have them for dinner too!

I hate that there are so many preservatives, fat, etc in this dough, but at least they have a reduced fat version now (which I used)...will probably break down and actually make from scratch soon, but for a quick, no fuss lunch, these are perfect!

Ingredients:
1 can crescent roll dough
40 pepperoni slices
pizza sauce, if desired

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unroll dough. Pull apart rolls. In each roll, lay out 5 pepperoni slices, and roll up. Bake for approximately 11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
3. Allow to cool slightly, serve with warm pizza sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment