Friday, January 30, 2009

Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni



This is a recipe I found at KraftFoods.com and it's AWESOME! It's got a little kick to it, but the kids love it! And it's SOOOO easy!
I changed the amounts a tiny bit, and I think it's perfect!


Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni

Ingredients:
1 lb rigatoni (uncooked)
1 lb Italian sausage (I use Johnsonville Hot Italian bulk sausage)
1/2 red onion, diced
6 oz tomato paste
3/4 cup Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
1/4 + 1/8 cup water
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I use fresh parsley that I've stored in the freezer)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. Meanwhile, brown sausage in large nonstick skillet; drain. Stir in onions and tomato paste; cover. Cook until onions are tender and sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing.
3. Toss sausage mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.



This was so good that my 10 month old ate an entire plate full!

No comments:

Post a Comment